Doug will be discussing many techniques to squeeze performance out of table classes, Postgres, stored procedures, workers, list manipulation, upserts, reducing latency, SQL tricks, common table expressions, JSON within Omnis and some built in postgres features and procedures, replication, high availablility, backups and the Postgres planner.
Part 1 will focus on the table class and methods overridden for performance:
- Performance Analyzer
- Automating joins
- Limiting data traffic
- Using returning for 15%+ improve performance
- Replacing text in the sql statement with functions using derived columns
- updating using query classes to simplify code
- Nice little modifications to $insert, $update, $delete to ignore DB traffic if nothing significant changes
- Setting defaults for data and setting defaults for primary keys
- Minimizing or reducing latency and other tricks
Parts 1 and 2 will be presented in succession.