For good and for bad: the code of the JSClient is open. This session will provide you with a sample app showing how to:
• Get additional notation features like $cwind, $iwindows and a notation tree is accessible in the debugger, allowing you to improve the debugging process
Do you remember learning notation for omnis fat client? Maybe a steep learning curve, but very rewarding: So much more control, easy and speed for development.
Omnis JS client does offer only a limited subset of the notation tree of the fat client.
But as the code for JSClient is open, we can add to it.
This will allow e.g.:
o Showing multiple forms at once (in one task)
o Communication between subwindows – good for widgets
o Communication between forms – removing the need for a “desktop-window” – allowing for more complex apps – allowing for window instances
• Escape from callback hell, by adding your own stack for survival in an async world
• Bypassing build in communication
Full control, what is sent and what is not. Run multiple server methods simultaneously.
• Reconnect lost JSC Sessions.
• Set up a lightweight and convenient widget Framework
• Customize an IndexDB
• Add custom functions to smartlist
Which technique to explore to what extend is decided by the group.
A secondary aim of the session is to foster the building of groups of developers collaborating in writing open source code for the best implementation of these components.
Improper use of some techniques demonstrated might violate you licence agreement. This is not encouraged.